Spokane DUI Lawyers
Washington Driving Under the Influence Laws
You can be arrested and charged with DUI if:
- Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is .08% or higher
- Your blood THC (marijuana) level is 5.0 ml or above
- Law Enforcement witnesses impaired driving abilities
- Are in physical control of a vehicle, behind the wheel with the keys in the ignition (vehicle doesn’t have to be in motion)
- Including prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs (sleep aids, allergy medicines), etc.
For commercial drivers, the legal BAC limit is .04 percent or higher. For those under 21, it is .02 percent or higher.
If you are convicted, you may face an array of penalties, including the loss of your driving privileges. Furthermore, you will have a permanent criminal record which can affect future matters such as renting an apartment, getting a job, or obtaining educational aid. That is why it is imperative that you turn to a trusted attorney who can analyze your case, search for legal and technical errors, and fight for the best possible outcome in court.
At Phelps & Associates, we have a long history of proven results in criminal matters. Our Spokane DUI attorneys and case managers will all be working on your behalf. We know the statutes, the procedures, and how to combat charges with thorough investigation and the application of the law. We can use all of our legal skills and experience in your case.
Contact us to discuss your case and legal options today.
Washington DUI Penalties
Aside from potential jail time, heavy fines, and probation, your driver’s license will be suspended within 60 days from the date you if your arrest. The suspension can last anywhere from 90 days to several years, depending on the circumstances of your case. You will have 7 days from the date of your arrest to request a hearing with the Department of Licensing to challenge the suspension.
DUI penalties include jail time, fines, fees, surcharges, community service, and the installation and maintenance of ignition interlock devices.
First Offense DUI
- Fines between $350 and $5,000
- Between 1 and 364 days in jail
- Driver's License Suspension for 90 days
Second Offense DUI
- Fines between $500 and $5,000
- Between 30 and 364 days in jail
- Driver's License Suspension for 2 years
Third Offense DUI
- Fines between $1,000 and $5,000
- Between 90 and 364 days in jail
- Driver's License Suspension for 3 years
- 6 months in sobriety program
Experienced DUI Legal Defense Team at Phelps & Associates
Defenses for DUI do exist and can be applied to your case, but you will need a knowledgeable legal team on your side. Our firm knows how to pursue your best interests and will work toward achieving a positive outcome.
Call (509) 620-0606 to speak with our Spokane DUI attorney about your case.
Free Initial Case Reviews & Same-Day Appointments
Comprehensive Representation Backed by a Team-Oriented Approach
Over 20+ Years of Experience & Hundreds of Cases Handled
A Former Police Officer with Experience Investigating Crimes
The law firm we trust for our family's legal needs- Toni
Reasonable & All-Inclusive Fees- Satisfied Client
Worked Hard for My Case- Satisfied Client